Phone

+123-456-7890

Email

mail@domain.com

Opening Hours

Mon - Fri: 7AM - 7PM

Showing: 1 - 10 of 218 RESULTS
ahqxchqj

Manchester United lead chase for £30m-rated Lazio starlet

first_imgManchester United have made an enquiry for Lazio star Felipe Anderson, according to reports in Italy.The 22-year-old was one of the stars of Serie A last season, weighing in with 10 goals from midfield.Both United and Manchester City have scouted the Brazilian, as have German champions Bayern Munich.But, according to TMW, it is United who have moved first by making an enquiry regarding Anderson’s availability.Lazio are determined to hold onto their talisman, though, and would want any deal to be worth over £30m. Felipe Anderson 1last_img

xhoudlrc

Arsenal youngster’s Championship loan spell cut short

first_img1 Isaac Hayden [right] in action for Hull City Arsenal midfielder Isaac Hayden has had his loan spell with Hull City cut short six months early.The temporary switch will come to an end after Friday’s game against Queens Park Rangers.Hayden arrived at the KC Stadium on a season-long loan from the Gunners at the start of the campaign but with competition for places in the Tigers’ midfield strong, the mutual decision to allow Hayden to return to north London has been made.The 20-year-old has made a total of 13 appearances during his time in East Yorkshire but could not hold down a regular place in the promotion-chasing side.last_img

atflxzpw

Watford sign winger Nordin Amrabat from Malaga

first_img Nordin Amrabat 1 Watford have signed winger Nordin Amrabat on a three-and-a-half-year contract from Malaga.The 28-year-old Morocco international will join Quique Sanchez Flores’ squad after Monday’s Barclays Premier League fixture at Swansea.“He has the qualities of the players we like,” Sanchez Flores said of the player earlier this week.“He can play at number 10; he holds the ball, he can turn quickly with the strength of a striker and escape the defensive line.“He can also play as a winger because he has that pace and velocity – the power that adds to the options of a team.”last_img

sboluujj

Ajax end interest in Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney

first_img Tom Cairney in action Ajax have ended their pursuit of Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney.talkSPORT told you last week about the Dutch champions’ interest after they scouted the 25-year-old earlier this season.Cairney has been one of Fulham’s star performers this term and has caught they eye with some impressive displays.However, according to reports in Holland, Ajax’s interest in the former Hull City man has cooled.The Dutch club were told by Fulham that they had no plans to sell and as a result they have ended their pursuit. 1last_img

ndqkxkqb

Stoke chief dismisses European Super League plans – ‘I don’t take it seriously’

first_imgStoke City chairman Peter Coates has told talkSPORT reports of the formation of a new European Super League should not be taken seriously.Claims in The Sun on Wednesday suggested representatives from the Premier League’s five biggest clubs met with American billionaire Stephen Ross in London to discuss the potential of a new inter-Europe competition.Manchester United’s Ed Woodward, Liverpool’s Ian Ayre, Chelsea’s Bruce Buck, Manchester City’s Ferran Soriano and Arsenal’s Ivan Gazidis were all pictured leaving the capital’s Dorchester Hotel on Tuesday, with all the men shaking hands before they departed back to their respective clubs.The plans from Ross, the owner of the Miami Dolphins, are seen as the biggest threat to English football since the 1992 Premier League breakaway, while it could also spell the end for the Champions League, with Europe’s elite clubs all competing week in, week out. But Coates believes the story is nothing but rumour, with the Stoke chairman telling talkSPORT it is hard to believe with the Premier League about to enter the most financially prosperous period of its history.In an exclusive interview with the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, he said: “I think it’s just somebody flying a kite, a bit of speculation. I find it difficult to take it seriously.“I don’t know what they were meeting about, it could have been for all sorts of things, but one thing I don’t think it would have been about a break-up. saying that, I have no idea why they would exclude current leaders Leicester or Tottenham – it seems to be race between them for the title this season.“It’s just hard to believe the story. The new Premier League TV deal comes into force next season, so that’s a huge amount of extra revenue for everyone and it’s hard to work out why anyone would want to change that. I just don’t take it seriously.“The Premier League doesn’t show signings of bursting, it’s obviously a product that works well. We’ve got a very good system and the clubs all work well together, we’ve got something that is exceptionally good and the demonstration of that is the kind of international following it has around the world. When you talk about 2.4 billion viewers a week in 900million homes, it’s pretty impressive stuff.“It would have ramifications throughout Europe wouldn’t it? This thing has been around in the past and it raises its head now and again for whatever reason.“The other leagues are, understandably, very envious of the Premier league because of its revenues. Spain have two dominant clubs, Germany really only have one and it’s similar in Italy – it doesn’t work very well for them.“Paris Saint-Germain have a 25 point lead in France. What kind of competition is that?“I just wouldn’t give it any credence. I know nothing of it and we’ve had no discussions amongst the clubs along these lines, so I would dismiss it.”Asked if he was contact to be a part of the meeting, the Stoke chief added: “I haven’t had a call, no, but I’d like them to ring me. Maybe next time.” 1 Stoke chairman Peter Coates is against any talk of a potential European Super League last_img read more

zlmbfafs

Honda: Hybrids can look hot, too

first_imgBy Yuri Kageyama THE ASSOCIATED PRESS TOKYO – Hybrids don’t have to sacrifice looks to be environmentally friendly – they can be muscular and stylish, too. That’s the message Honda hopes to send at this month’s Tokyo auto show with its new gas-electric hybrid sports car CR-Z. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREChargers go winless in AFC West with season-ending loss in Kansas City“This is something rivals can’t offer,” Tetsuji Morikawa, a Honda Motor Co. engineer, said of the CR-Z, whose sales date is promised for the “near future.” The vehicle has maintained “the essence of the sports car” while still delivering good mileage and less pollution, he said. Hybrid vehicles tend to be bulkier than sleek sports cars because of the size and complexity of the hybrid systems, which include a battery, motor, engine, converter and other parts. They’re usually not known for their torque, acceleration, handling and innovative design. The CR-Z comes with a new hybrid system developed by Honda whose breakthroughs allowed designers to get around such restrictions to achieve its lean, cutting-edge look, said Morikawa, while declining to give details about the hybrid system and the vehicle. The model will be on display at the biannual Tokyo Motor Show, which opens to the public Oct. 27 in the Tokyo suburb of Chiba. Japan’s No. 2 automaker already sells the hybrid Civic but discontinued the hybrid Accord and hybrid Insight. It has promised a new hybrid in 2009. Interest in hybrids is high among the world’s automakers amid concerns about global warming and rising oil prices. Japanese rival Toyota Motor Corp. has emerged the leader in the technology, having sold more than a million hybrids globally in the past decade. Tokyo-based Honda, which has sold about 220,000 hybrids worldwide so far, is eager to make its stamp on hybrids by showing how its reputation for sporty cars will also work for hybrids.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more

zlmbfafs

Scores killed by Tropical Storm Noel

first_img AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.A swollen river overflowed its banks Monday night and swept away the hamlet of Piedra Blanca in the central Dominican Republic, forcing Charo Vidal to climb a tree. She watched her neighbor struggle to do the same nearby, clutching infant twins while water swept an older daughter away. “She couldn’t take care of all three,” Vidal said Wednesday. “That is something very significant, to have a child snatched from your hands and you cannot do anything for them.” The mother, Mary De Leon, was inconsolable. “The river tore her from my hands as I held her,” she said through tears. “A lot of people had to choose between losing one child and losing another one,” said Liony Batista, a project manager for Food for the Poor, an international Christian relief organization. Sagrario Diaz, a 42-year-old farmer, also struggled to hold on to his son in the surging waters but failed. “I fought, I swear I tried to save him, but I couldn’t,” Diaz said. “I would like to die.” A neighbor, Lucia Araujo, said she heard the boy scream: “Daddy, I don’t want to drown. Help me, I don’t want to drown.” At least seven people died in Piedra Blanca, emergency officials said. About 200 homes were destroyed in the nearby town of Bonao, Batista said. Dominican President Leonel Fernandez declared a state of emergency for the next 30 days and asked for international help, especially rescue teams and helicopters. He ordered residents in 36 communities to evacuate because they were in potential flood zones. At least 58,300 Dominicans fled their homes, some 14,500 of which were damaged, said Luis Antonio Luna, head of the Emergencies Commission. He said at least 56 people had died in the Dominican Republic so far. Flooding also forced the evacuation of about 1,000 inmates from a prison north of the Dominican capital. Luna said officials were trying to reach dozens of isolated communities, but bad weather, a lack of helicopters and damage to bridges and highways slowed rescue efforts. The southwestern town of San Jose de Ocoa was in a precarious situation, unreachable by air, land or water, Public Works Secretary Victor Diaz Rua said. “We have been told that the town has a limited food supply, so we’re looking for a way in,” Diaz said. In neighboring Haiti, floods rushed through houses in the capital’s Cite Soleil slum, carrying away a 3-year-old boy as relatives frantically shouted for help and tried unsuccessfully to reach him through the muddy, debris-filled water. Two people were killed when their house collapsed in a mudslide in the hillside suburb of Petionville, and at least three others died in Jacmel, where officials said 150 people were trapped on rooftops awaiting aid. Some Haitian shelters were overwhelmed by evacuees. One in Cite Soleil, guarded by U.N. troops, had one blanket for every two people.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! . PIEDRA BLANCA, Dominican Republic – Tropical Storm Noel triggered mudslides and floods in the Dominican Republic and Haiti, pushing the death toll to 81 on Wednesday and forcing some parents to choose which of their children to save from the surging waters. The storm was slowly moving away from the north coast of Cuba and was projected to skirt Florida and batter the Bahamas, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said. A tropical storm watch was issued for parts of southeast Florida. With rain still falling two days after the storm hit, rescuers were struggling to reach communities cut off by flooding on the island of Hispaniola. As they did, they found a rising toll of death and damage – at least 56 dead in the Dominican Republic, 24 in Haiti and one in Jamaica. last_img read more

pnvpctmq

DONEGAL MAN HENRY HELPING TO REGENERATE DERRY

first_imgFORMER PRAMERICA boss Henry McGarvey has taken on a new challenge – helping in the continued regeneration of Derry City.The Donegal man has accepted a position on the Board of ILEX, the company delivering new ideas to the Maiden City.Derry is currently the City of Culture and has had a hugely successful year with a series of events including the Fleadh. The events have had a massive financial spin-off for Donegal with millions of extra euro pouring in from tourists combining visits to Derry with holidays here.Mr McGarvey has taken an active role in a number of positions and sits on the board of LYIT.His position – along with three others – were approved last night by joint northern first ministers Martin McGuinness and Peter Robinson.  DONEGAL MAN HENRY HELPING TO REGENERATE DERRY was last modified: September 19th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DerrydonegalHenry McGarveyIlexlast_img read more

sboluujj

DOHERTY SLAMS GOVERNMENT OVER LOW TAXES FOR MEGA-RICH AMERICAN COMPANIES

first_imgSinn Féin Finance Spokesperson Pearse Doherty TD said the Irish Government ostrich mentality was responsible for Ireland’s tax reputation being damaged. Deputy Doherty was responding to comments from US President Barack Obama concerning Ireland being a low tax jurisdiction in use by US companies trying to avoid. “It’s two years now since an investigation in the US heard sworn testimony from the heads of Apple that Ireland had allowed the company a special tax rate ensuring an incredibly low effective tax rate. But talk of Ireland being a channel for aggressive tax planners has been rumbling on for a while,” said the Donegal TD. “The response of the Irish Government, and of Fianna Fáil and establishment agencies has been to deny, deny, deny. They seem to see this as some sort of perverse patriotism, when in fact in it this ostrich approach that has left Ireland exposed and potentially under threat of job losses. Multinational companies have made an invaluable contribution to the Irish economy and it is vital that we keep their revenue and the jobs created – but also, that we are aware if any event or sequence of events has the potential to threaten investment in Ireland and that we cancel the threat, or plan for it. That’s good governance.“Already, at Sinn Féin’s request, an Oireachtas sub-committee was established to examine Ireland’s role in international tax laws. However the refusal of other party representatives on the committee to invite in business leaders for questioning severely undermined the committee’s ability to function.“Last year I also presented the Government with legislation to ensure Irish incorporated companies, non resident anywhere in the world, would be considered resident in Ireland for tax purposes. The Irish Government refused to accept the legislation, claiming there was no problem, but months later introduced a watered down clause in Finance Bill 2013. After intense pressure for our party and other responsible agencies, the Government is now looking at other measures to ensure Ireland is not seen as a tax haven – we can only hope it’s not too late.“Ireland should continue to offer a competitive, efficient and fair tax system to international business. We should be conscious of our global responsibilities and ensure that no company is able to use Ireland in a scheme that contributes to damaging the tax generating abilities of developing nations. “In addition, we believe strongly that the tax levied on MNCs should be no more and no less fair than the tax levied on indigenous companies, who generally pay the headline rate of corporation tax and cannot use international tax planning to reduce, proportionately, their tax bills. Sinn Féin will continue to work to that end.” DOHERTY SLAMS GOVERNMENT OVER LOW TAXES FOR MEGA-RICH AMERICAN COMPANIES was last modified: July 25th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:american companiesDeputy Pearse DohertyloopholePresident Obamataxlast_img read more

ukyatpys

Martinez vows to FIGHT for Everton future and claims he is close to success

first_imgRoberto Martinez has defended his Everton reign – and insisted he is closer than ever to bringing success to the Merseyside club.The Spaniard has come under-fire from supporters following a season of under-achievement.The Toffees are currently sitting 11th in the Premier League table having failed to win any of their last seven games and suffered a disheartening loss to Manchester United in their FA Cup semi-final last Saturday.Calls for Martinez to be sacked have grown ever-louder in recent weeks and significant protests are apparently planned for Saturday’s home game against Bournemouth.But the 42-year-old, who has been in charge since June 2013, is determined to win over his critics and has urged fans to judge him over his entire tenure, not the past three months.“Scrutiny I welcome and accept. I understand it completely,” he said.“I always encourage huge expectations and as a football club we have to drive to challenge for silverware and challenge for the top four. When we’re not, scrutiny needs to be there.“But it shouldn’t be scrutiny of the last two months or three months. It should be of three seasons, scrutiny about the team we’ve put together.“The first season we had a record points tally, last season we were the last team in the British game to be knocked out of Europe, this season we made two semi-finals.“I’m ready to fight more than ever and closer, probably, to finding a way to challenge for silverware.”There is a sense that sections of the club’s support are past the point of no return in terms of backing the former Wigan boss, but he has not given up on reconciliation.“The message is we are all in this together,” he said.“It’s only when you get through these difficult experiences and painful moments that you get renewed drive.“I understand their passion. They make us the football club we are, football without passion makes no sense.” 1 Everton manager Roberto Martinez last_img read more