Phone

+123-456-7890

Email

mail@domain.com

Opening Hours

Mon - Fri: 7AM - 7PM

Showing: 1 - 10 of 30 RESULTS
kwuzntes

TRANSFER ALERT! Southampton keen on Sporting Lisbon star Ruben Semedo

first_img Ruben Semedo [right] in action for Sporting Lisbon 1 Southampton are weighing up a move for Sporting Lisbon star Ruben Semedo, according to the player’s agent.The 22-year-old started last season on loan at Vitoria Setubal, but he was recalled in January and excelled for Sporting.Semedo, who can operate at centre-back or as defensive midfielder, was rewarded with a new contract until 2022 in March.However, that has not put Southampton off and the Portuguese’s agent, Catio Balde, has revealed they are sniffing around his client.“There were people linked to Southampton who wanted to know more information about the player, but I can’t say there was official contact about a real interest,” Balde told Portuguese radio station Antena 1.“Of course, like any other youngster, Ruben has ambitions and has this dream, but first of all is to continue growing with Sporting’s shirt.“If something that the club finds interesting shows up, I know Reben will be prepared. However, he’s very focused and happy at Sporting.”last_img read more

pnvpctmq

New boats for Cape fishing co-operatives

first_img25 March 2013 Trade and Industry Minister Rob Davies handed over fishing boats to the value of R1.6-million to the fishing co-operatives of Ocean View and Masiphumelele in Cape Town on Friday. The handover formed part of the Department of Trade and Industry’s (DTI’s) Fishing Cluster Project, which aims to create a sustainable fisheries industry in South Africa’s west coast region. Davies said the DTI had so far funded 39 co-operatives to the tune of more than R11-million, giving them the necessary asset and capital base to begin trading competitively on the cost and quality of their daily catch. “The boats that we are handing over today can enable this community to generate R1.8-million in a year,” Davies said. “We want communities to be able to provide for their families and communities. “Our aim with such projects is also intended to broaden the participation of small-scale fishing communities to higher commercial value activities in the value chain.” The chairperson of Sinethemba Fishing, Mancaeta Nkululeko, said the boats they were using before were not safe to go deeper into the sea, and could not carry more people. “Our lives are now safe with this new boat, we will now go deeper into the sea and catch more fishes.” SAinfo reporterlast_img read more

pifycolg

Khali scared of entering Bigg Boss

first_imgKhaliKhali may be the champion in the wrestling ring but the WWE winner says he is scared of being locked in the Bigg Boss house.Khali, real name Dalip Singh Rana, will be locked in the house with 11 other housemates. Khali is a wild card entrant on the show on October 16, 2010 after the ouster of Bunty Chore and Abbas Kazmi, the ex-lawyer of convicted 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab.”My wife wanted me to participate in the show and here I am. It will be an exciting but scary experience to be locked inside with other people,” Khali told PTI.It will be interesting to see how the housemates treat a 7 foot and 190 kg sports entertainer. Colors sources say that Khali will be provided with a custom made bed while on the show.When asked about the kitchen politics and back-biting on the show, Khali said he will try to adjust with the situation. “I don’t know how I am going to tackle all this but I am confident that I will win Bigg Boss,” said Khali.last_img read more

hqxekrnk

Cherry and Good Named Ron Hanson Medallists

first_imgCherry and Good were given the flag bearers honours on Thursday night at the Australian Jersey Presentation at Eastlake Football Club. Earlier in the night both Cherry and Good were named captains of their respective 20’s Girls and 20’s Boys teams, while Sarah Peattie was named captain of the 18’s Girls team and Oscar Sanft the captain of the 18’s Boys team. The two flag bearers first represented Australia in the 18’s division at the 2009 Youth Trans Tasman event in Auckland, and both stepped up to represent Australia in the 2010 Open Trans Tasman Series again in Auckland in January 2010. Cherry and Good both said they were humbled and honoured by the accolade and can’t wait to take on New Zealand in the three game series starting tomorrow at Viking Park. “It’s a great honour not just to represent the 20’s Girls but to represent you all. It’s an amazing experience and I am very humbled by this award,” Cherry said. “We’re all here for the one thing, we’re all here to play for Australia so for us two to lead a wonderful group of young people is very humbling and we’ll make sure we do the best for you tomorrow and Saturday and Sunday,” Good said. Australian Men’s Open coach and one of the head coaches for the Youth Trans Tasman Series, Tony Trad, hosted the evening and spoke about the honour of representing Australia. “Getting your Australian shirt for the first time is just a wonderful occasion and there are many players who are getting it for their first time. Even those who aren’t getting theirs for the first time, each and every time is special because it’s just something that you can’t take for granted. You work so hard to be here. It’s a wonderful achievement and it’s an honour that’s not bestowed on everybody,” Trad said.last_img read more

hqxekrnk

Evacuation alert in Fort St John BC as nearby hillside continues to

first_imgFORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – A slumping hillside that is threatening dozens of homes in northeastern British Columbia has prompted a further evacuation order just days after residents in the community of Old Fort were ordered to leave.The latest order issued Thursday was for residents living on two islands in the Peace River just west of Old Fort.A slowly moving landslide began more than 10 days ago and has gradually torn up the only road down to Old Fort, toppled power lines and forced the Peace River Regional District to order the evacuation of all 54 homes in the community.On Wednesday, the district issued an evacuation alert for a section of Fort St. John’s outskirts at the top of the hill overlooking Old Fort. It means residents there will need to prepare to leave at a moments notice.A statement from the district says anyone who enters or refuses to leave the area under evacuation after 6 a.m. Friday could face imprisonment of up to one year or a fine of up to $10,000.The district says in its latest evacuation order posted online that the decision was made because of immediate danger to life safety.“The main slide has already impacted one of the islands and recent changes and new information regarding the west slide indicates potential for increased mobilization and depth of failure.”A news release from the City of Fort St. John says the evacuation alert is precautionary and will allow city staff to effectively respond to the constantly changing event.No homes are affected by the alert, which covers two sewage lagoons described by the city as “dormant and empty.”B.C. Public Safety Minister Mike Farnworth flew over the landslide on Wednesday and called it a “very complex situation,” because the earth is still moving and cracks in the hills on either side of the slide continue to widen. (The Canadian Press, MooseFM)last_img read more

hdjzrhgo

FinTech hub now boasts of 25 units

first_imgKolkata: The FinTech hub in New Town that was founded by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in 2013, now has 25 units with land being allotted to a leading bank and a noted legal firm recently.”The South Indian Bank was allotted a 0.248 acre land while the noted legal firm has also been allocated the same area. With the Bengal Silicon Valley IT Hub close by and the wave generated by the judicial ecosystem with the first breakthrough ushered in by allotting a plot to the leading advocate and solicitor firm of the state, there has been a unique confluence of Financial-Legal-FinTech-IT Hub in the area,” a senior official of the state Information Technology & Electronics (IT&E) department said. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaThe legal component was added to the FinTech hub in 2014, with setting up of the National Green Tribunal in the vicinity and later, the Calcutta High Court was given a 10 acre plot at the CBD (Commercial Business District), close to the Financial Hub centre. Anita Nandi Ray, Chief Representative India from the city of London’s India Office at Mumbai, joined a group of bankers, financial institutions, FinTech startups, Webel, Webel Technology Limited, HIDCO and PwC officials and senior officers of the IT department at a conference held in HIDCO Bhavan on Wednesday. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayRay appreciated the focus and synergy likely to be created with this unique confluence. She mentioned that with a full Brexit expected to take place in March 2019 or soon thereafter, UK’s Financial Services are showing interest in India with its large market, complex regulations requiring technological interventions to ensure compliance and advanced FinTech payments framework. Ray handed over three recent studies conducted on India-UK Payments landscape, India-UK InsureTech landscape and India-UK RegTech landscape. The IT officials informed that 100 acres of land in the Silicon Valley Hub has already been applied for and expression of interest has already been floated to allot another 27 plots covering an area of about 56 acres for the third phase of the hub. The plots will be allotted on a 99-year lease-hold basis.last_img read more

hdjzrhgo

No hate comments if Modi had done tapasya Priyanka

first_imgNew Delhi: Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Sunday hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi, saying that if he had done ‘tapasya’, he would not have made such hate-filled comments. Interacting to reporters after casting her vote along with her husband, Robert Vadra, she said: “If he (Modi) had done even 50 hours of tapasya, he would not have made such hate-filled comments.” She was responding to a question over Modi’s comment in an interview where he said that it was 45 years of ‘tapasya’ (austerities), “not the Khan Market gang or Lutyen’s club” that had contributed to his image. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss account details under automatic exchange framework The Congress General Secretary, who exercised her franchise at a polling booth in the Vidya Bhawan Mahavidyalaya in Lodhi Estate area, also claimed that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) would be ousted from power this time. Citizens of the country were not happy with the BJP government, especially in Uttar Pradesh, she said. “It’s clear that the BJP is losing the elections. I am hopeful that the results in Delhi will also be good,” she said. Also Read – Trio win Nobel Medicine Prize for work on cells, oxygen Slamming Modi for not speaking on the poll promises made during the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, she said her party’s campaign was not negative as it was of the BJP. “We raked up real issues which were affecting the common people and spoke on their solutions while Modiji kept talking about things that were of no importance.” She also hit out at Modi for not responding to the questions posed by the opposition. “The Prime Minister does not reply to the questions posed at him. He should have answered on promises of giving Rs 15 lakh, providing two crore employments every year and also on the income of farmers. He also remaied silent on the challenge thrown by (Congress President) Rahulji (Gandhi) to debate on issues,” she added. Asked about her son Rehan, who did not come out to vote, she said: “He could not vote as he had gone to London for his exams.” During the nomination filing of her brother brother Rahul Gandhi from Amethi in Uttar Pradesh, Rehan and his sibling Miraya were also seen during the road show. The voting on 59 seats across seven seats are underway in the sixth phase. The polling on all the seven seats in the national capital are also underway where the BJP, Congress and the AAP are in a triangular fight.last_img read more

byoscehf

Western districts of Bengal to face intense heat spell for two days

first_imgKolkata: The Regional Meteorological Centre on Monday sounded heat wave alert for the Western districts of the state for the next couple of days.Apart from the Western districts, hot and humid conditions will prevail in various South Bengal districts as the mercury is set to rise in the coming days. Scattered rainfall is likely in some parts of South Bengal but such drizzles will not bring any considerable respite from the heat. Districts such as Nadia, Murshidabad, North 24-Parganas, Hooghly and Howrah will witness high temperature. High humidity along with heat will add to the discomfort in the weather. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaThe temperature in the Western districts is likely to hover around 35 to 37 degree Celsius in the next 48 hours. RealFeel, which is a measure of the effect of the weather on the human skin, may be slightly higher due to high-level of humidity in the air. According to a senior official of the MeT office, the humidity may shoot up further in all the South Bengal districts. A heat wave situation will prevail in the Western districts such as Purulia, Bankura, Birbhum, West Burdwan, East Burdwan, West Midanpore, Jhargram and East Midnapore. The temperature in these districts may touch 42 degree Celsius. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highway”A high-humidity level coupled with soaring temperature will affect the lives of residents in South Bengal districts. However, there will be a drop in the temperature during night in the city. There is a possibility of occasional thundershower in the next few days in North Bengal districts,” a weather official said. The official further said: “There will be an intense heat spell in all the Western districts for at least two days. The situation is likely to improve during the weekend. There is a possibility of scattered rainfall in some parts of South Bengal during the evening. However, the rain will not continue for a long time.” Many of the roadside eateries in Esplanade downed their shutters on Monday afternoon due to the scorching heat. People stood in queues to have Lassi and fruit juices to keep themselves hydrated. Swapan Mondal, who runs a roadside food stall in Esplanade, said: “I decided to close the stall on Sunday due to the elections. But unlike other vendors I decided to open the stall on Monday braving the heat because I need to provide for my family and can’t afford to remain shut for two days,” Mondal said.last_img read more

uzatuyhy

Widowed NFL Star Working To Build School In Sudan

Ashley Harris with child on Africa trip.Three-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Tommie Harris lost his wife suddenly in February to a brain aneurysm. But even in his grief, Harris knew Ashley Harris would want him to continue their passion.And so, the San Diego Charger is honoring her memory by creating schools in African countries. The facilities — starting in Sudan — will serve girls who have been abused or enslaved by Joseph Kony and the Lord’s Resistance Army. He will name it the Ashley Harris Sunshine School, and he hopes to build many more across the continent.Harris and Ashley, who was just 29, took two trips to Africa through Pros for Africa, a non-profit organization that describes its mission, “connecting professionals of all fields with the children of Africa.” Ashley Harris was moved by the people she met in Tanzania and Uganda. The organization appreciated her commitment so much that it dedicated to her this year’s medical expedition through northern Uganda and South Sudan.Tommie Harris has called on his NFL comrades to support his ambition. Matt Forte, who played with Harris with the Chicago Bears, already has signed on as a donor. Considering the large NFL contingent that reached out to Harris after his wife’s death, and his many fans in Chicago and San Diego, Harris has a strong base to achieve his mission — and honor his wife. read more

pnvpctmq

Ohio Stadium scoreboard makes debut

If you want to watch Buckeye football in high definition this fall, it doesn’t mean you have to sell your tickets. Stretching 124 feet wide and standing 42 feet tall, Ohio Stadium’s monstrous new scoreboard offers fans a whole new experience in the Horseshoe. The HD Panasonic jumbotron sits atop the south end zone, replacing the 30 feet by 90 feet scoreboard that has been in use for the past 11 seasons. The televisions at concession stands have also been replaced with HD monitors. The new scoreboard is grouped with a new sound system as well, with 25 speakers flanking each side of the scoreboard. In total, the renovations come with a price tag of more than $7 million, according to an athletic department release. Don Patko, associate athletic director of Facilities Management, said the improvements were necessary and well worth the cost. “It was time for the video board to be replaced,” Patko said. “The usual life for a scoreboard is 12 to 15 years, and the last one was 12 years old.” Prior to installing the new system, the athletic department researched similar projects at other stadiums such as the Green Bay Packers’ Lambeau Field. Patko said that by researching other projects, and understanding the shortcomings of the old scoreboard, they were able to put together the best possible game day experience with the new system. “Everybody that has an HDTV at home knows that it provides better clarity,” Patko said. “The new board also allows you to have better viewing angles. The entire industry is moving toward HD, and we feel that we have one of the best systems out there.” Newly enrolled OSU freshmen had an early glimpse at the stadium’s improvements Aug. 20 during convocation, as they walked through Ohio Stadium and saw themselves on the big screen. “It was my first time in the stadium, so I didn’t even know it was new,” said Michael Gross, a first-year in health professionals exploration. “But it was something you noticed the moment you walked into the stadium, just the size of it was really impressive.” Benjamin Sokobin, a first-year in business, didn’t even have to enter the stadium to notice the scoreboard. “It was one of the first things my family noticed when I moved in,” said Sokobin, who lives in Lincoln Tower. “Ohio Stadium is known as one of the best venues in college football, and I think it’s great that they are making it even better.” read more