Phone

+123-456-7890

Email

[email protected]

Opening Hours

Mon - Fri: 7AM - 7PM

Showing: 1 - 3 of 3 RESULTS
jvneqbzx

Armed Forces of Uruguay Support the Population as Coronavirus Advances

first_imgBy Juan Delgado / Diálogo April 03, 2020 Members and resources of the Armed Forces of Uruguay deployed to support the community in the face of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic with the distribution of basic and medical supplies and border patrols, among other essential measures.On March 13, Uruguayan President Luis Lacalle Pou declared a health emergency as a result of the coronavirus. Measures included partially closing the borders, mandatory quarantine for passengers from countries declared at risk, banning cruise disembarkation, suspending public shows and school classes, and isolation, among other measures.“We have several actions. Commandos of the Armed Forces are ready and willing to work in border areas to increase containment efforts to confront the disease,” said Uruguayan Defense Minister Javier García at a press conference. “We offered to deploy, control public health parameters, take [people’s] temperature to rule out signs of the disease,” he added.More than 1,200 elements from the Armed Forces deployed for Operation Safe Border at different points of the country to guard land and fluvial borders, stop illegal drug and human trafficking, and intensify controls against the coronavirus pandemic.The Uruguayan Air Force (FAU, in Spanish) made aircraft and helicopters available for the eventual transport of patients or medical laboratory equipment. Likewise, FAU repatriated Uruguayan citizens stranded in Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, and Ecuador in humanitarian military flights.The Uruguayan Navy has been handling the entry and exit of foreigners and Uruguayan citizens by sea and land as well as accompanying and guiding passengers suspected of carrying the virus to check and isolation points.“We collaborate with the Public Health Ministry for the entry of Uruguayans and foreign residents to Uruguay,” said to Diálogo Uruguayan Captain Diego Perona, head of Public Relations for the Navy. “In the face of the state of health emergency, the Navy, through its different prefectures, is dedicated to raising citizens’ awareness to avoid crowds in addition to restricting navigation.”For its part, the Army said it was supporting the population in medical centers in the cities of Montevideo, Melo, Cardona, Dolores, and Flores. The 1st Artillery Group Brigadier General Manuel Oribe, 8th Armored Cavalry Regiment Patria, and 5th Infantry Battalion Asencio, made vehicles and qualified personnel available to transport and install a tent on the hospital grounds of each city to be used as a waiting room for patients affected with coronavirus.Since mid-March, the Army also uses some of the Quartermarster Service’s workshops for the manufacture of face masks. Service members can produce some 1,000 face masks a day.“Behind all this misfortune, we must look for the positive. We all understand that all government agencies must work together and coordinate to be stronger in the battle we face,” Minister Garcia said.last_img read more

atflxzpw

Sunday alcohol sales could come sooner than expected

first_imgIndianapolis, In. — Following a vote by the Indiana House of Representatives committee vote the sale of alcohol on Sunday could come sooner than expected. The House Public Policy Committee voted 9 to 1 to allow Sunday sales “upon passage” not the customary July 1 as with most new Indiana laws.Republican Tim Wesco from Goshen was the only lawmaker to vote against the proposal.The proposal will now be considered by the full House. Earlier in the session, the House passed a nearly identical version. If approved the Indiana Senate will consider the changes made by the committee and take a vote. If the Senate approves it would go to Governor Eric Holcomb.Hoosiers could begin the Sunday purchase of alcohol as early as the first part of April.last_img

tnstsfrh

RECENT SANTA ANITA RENOVATIONS EARN L.A. BUSINESS JOURNAL’S PRESTIGIOUS ‘BEST HOSPITALITY PROJECT’ AWARD

first_imgARCADIA, Calif. (Feb. 19, 2015)–Santa Anita Park, which has undergone extensive modernization and renovation projects over the past three years, has been awarded the prestigious “Best Hospitality Project” award for 2015 by the Los Angeles Business Journal–long considered metropolitan Los Angeles’s leading chronicler of business innovation, activity and investment.“When this award was announced Tuesday night, it seemed to send a jolt through the audience, which included the biggest players in L.A.’s design, development, real estate finance and brokerage communities,” said Billy Lehman, who on behalf of the Stronach Group and its West Coast Chairman Keith Brackpool, oversaw modernization upgrades to several areas at the track, including Santa Anita’s new luxury suites, the box seat area, mezzanine, Club House Terrace, Eddie Logan Suite and Chandelier Room.“The fact that the L.A. Business Journal trained their eye on Santa Anita Park for the first time and recognized our redevelopment above new, white-hot area hotels and other projects in this category, further validates Keith’s theory, which is to generate interest and attract large numbers of people via great design.”(Under Lehman’s direction, AvroKO Design and Shawmut Design and Construction Corporation were key players in all facets of Santa Anita’s redevelopment efforts).Santa Anita Park, which attracted 40,810 on-track fans for its current Winter Meet opener on Dec. 26, will host the 78th running of the Grade I, $1 million Santa Anita Handicap on Saturday March 7, and will conduct live racing through closing day, June 28.For more information on racing, group or specialty events, please visit santaanita.com. ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF BEST COMMERCIAL DESIGN & REDEVELOPMENT SENDS MESSAGE TO MAJOR PLAYERS IN L.A. AREA’S DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT, FINANCE & BROKERAGE COMMUNITIESlast_img read more