Phone

+123-456-7890

Email

[email protected]

Opening Hours

Mon - Fri: 7AM - 7PM

Showing: 1 - 6 of 6 RESULTS
cqzqbwnw

Greggs achieves Christmas sales rise

first_imgGreggs’ sales in the Christmas week were up 6.5% and like-for-like sales grew 4.4%, as the high-street bakery chain served around a quarter of million customers more than in the comparable week last year. The firm also saw a 3.1% rise in total sales for the four weeks to 26 December 2009. Greggs sold more than one million mince pies a week over the festive period, up 6% on last year, which it said was helped by the launch of its new Viennese mince pie.Demand for savouries was also strong, with like-for-like sales up 10% and sales of its Christmas festive bakes up 23% on 2008 figures.Chief executive Ken McMeikan said he very pleased with Greggs performance, “particularly over Christmas”. “We remain positive about our growth opportunities as we begin our programme of accelerated expansion to make the unique Greggs proposition accessible to many more consumers throughout the UK,” he added.The company expects to add 50 – 60 shops to its portfolio this year.last_img read more

hjuhbane

Mishawaka secures $282,298 for local coronavirus effort

first_img WhatsApp Mishawaka secures $282,298 for local coronavirus effort Facebook Google+ Pinterest WhatsApp Twitter Google+ Just received word that Mishawaka will receive $282,298 to prevent, prepare for & respond to COVID-19 from Fed Govt. as part of CARES Act signed into law by POTUS. Will develop plan for use soon. Thanks to our Community Development Dept for helping secure funds for Princess City.— Dave Wood, Mayor (@MishawakaMayor) April 7, 2020center_img (Photo supplied/ABC 57) More than $282,000 in funding is headed to Mishawaka to help fight the spread of COVID-19.Mayor Dave Wood received word Tuesday that The Princess City will receive $282,298 as part of the CARES Act signed into law by the president.The mayor says the city will develop a plan for use of the funds soon, and he thanked the Community Development Corporation for helping to secure the funds. By Tommie Lee – April 7, 2020 0 567 CoronavirusIndianaLocalNewsSouth Bend Market Twitter Pinterest Previous articleSome restaurants thanking first responders with free mealsNext articleNTSB: School district shares blame for crash that killed 3 Tommie Lee Facebooklast_img read more

kbanqcmu

PCG-Southern Visayas to have new HQ in Bago City

first_img“Radar stations are very important, especially in the transit of our vessels plying these areas. These will be linked to the main radar station and coast watch system to get the real-time situation and scenario,” he said. BACOLOD City – The Philippine Coast Guard District Southern Visayas (CGDSV) headquarters will soon rise in Bago City, Negros Occidental.Commodore Tito Alvin Andal, commander of CGDSV, said on June 29 the building will be constructed on a donated land in Barangay Calumangan. “We have plans to increase our strength by next year and in the future to 40,000 (personnel in the whole country,) so there will be continuous training. That area in Hinoba-an is still in the process of being developed with the support of our partners in Negros,” Andal said. The PCG also has a facility in Hinoba-an – southernmost town in this province – which is being developed into a regional training center that can accommodate up to 1,000 trainees. Andal. PNA This year, the PCG is set to hire at least 1,500 more personnel, out of which the CGDSV hopes to get 50 additional people.center_img Benjamin, for his part, said some 835 special operations group personnel are currently undergoing training at the Hinoba-an facility. (With a report from PNA/PN) According to Andal, the CGDSV will also be installing radar stations in Bayawan City, Negros Oriental and at Bredco port here within this year to boost their vessel monitoring capability. Andal, who assumed his post on May 15, has jurisdiction over Negros Occidental, Negros Oriental, and Siquijor. For now, he holds office at the PCG-Negros Occidental station in Barangay Banago here where he held a press briefing with PCG-Negros Occidental chief Lieutenant Commander Jansen Benjamin on Monday. “The bidding process is ongoing in the Manila headquarters. If the project will be awarded in two months, it will take (a year and a half) to complete (construction),” he said.last_img read more

atflxzpw

Sunday alcohol sales could come sooner than expected

first_imgIndianapolis, In. — Following a vote by the Indiana House of Representatives committee vote the sale of alcohol on Sunday could come sooner than expected. The House Public Policy Committee voted 9 to 1 to allow Sunday sales “upon passage” not the customary July 1 as with most new Indiana laws.Republican Tim Wesco from Goshen was the only lawmaker to vote against the proposal.The proposal will now be considered by the full House. Earlier in the session, the House passed a nearly identical version. If approved the Indiana Senate will consider the changes made by the committee and take a vote. If the Senate approves it would go to Governor Eric Holcomb.Hoosiers could begin the Sunday purchase of alcohol as early as the first part of April.last_img

xhoudlrc

TMZ: Clippers owner Donald Sterling purportedly tells girlfriend not to bring black people to games

first_img“Why are you taking pictures with minorities? Why?” Sterling purportedly said to his girlfriend in the recording. “It bothers me a lot that you want to … broadcast that you’re associating with black people. Do you have to?”“I want you to love them, privately…. But why publicize it on Instagram and why bring it to my games?” the recording continued.The voice goes on to chastise the woman for posting a photo of herself online with Magic Johnson.“Admire him, bring him here, (expletive) him, I don’t care. You can do anything. But don’t put him on an Instagram for the world to have to see so they have to call me. And don’t bring him to my games, OK?”TMZ identifies Sterling’s girlfriend as V. Stiviano. In the recording, the woman says she is of mixed race. LOS ANGELES >> Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling faced intense criticism Saturday after TMZ released an audio recording purported to depict him making racist comments to his girlfriend and telling her not to bring black people, including basketball legend Earvin “Magic” Johnson, to his games.The NBA announced that it was launching an investigation amid the backlash after the nine-minute, 26-second recording became public.“We are in the process of conducting a full investigation into the audio recording obtained by TMZ. The remarks heard on the recording are disturbing and offensive, but at this time we have no further information,” the league said in a statement.TMZ did not explain how it obtained the recording, which it says is from April 9. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorcenter_img Donald Sterling has been married to his wife, Rochelle Sterling, for more than 50 years but she made no public comment on Saturday.Los Angeles Clippers President Andy Roeser released this statement Saturday afternoon in response to racist statements allegedly made by Sterling on an audio recording . “We have heard the tape on TMZ. We do not know if it is legitimate or (if) it has been altered. We do know that the woman on the tape — who we believe released it to TMZ — is the defendant in a lawsuit brought by the Sterling family alleging that she embezzled more than $1.8 million, who told Mr. Sterling that she would “get even.” Mr. Sterling is emphatic that what is reflected on that recording is not consistent with, nor does it reflect his views, beliefs or feelings. It is the antithesis of who he is, what he believes and how he has lived his life. He feels terrible that such sentiments are being attributed to him and apologizes to anyone who might have been hurt by them. He is also upset and apologizes for sentiments attributed to him about Earvin (Magic) Johnson. He has long considered Magic a friend and has only the utmost respect and admiration for him — both in terms of who he is and what he has achieved. We are investigating this matter.”Johnson took to Twitter Saturday morning and posted “TMZ reported this morning that Clippers owner Donald Sterling doesn’t want me or other African-Americans to come to Clippers games,” he posted on the social network. “And I will never go to a Clippers game again as long as Donald Sterling is the owner.”“I feel sorry for my friends Coach Doc Rivers and Chris Paul that they have to work for a man that feels that way about African-Americans,” Johnson Tweeted.Paul released a statement through the players’ union that said “this is a very serious issue which we will address aggressively.” He also said Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson, a former NBA All-Star guard who is the chairman of a search committee to find a new director for the union, would take a leading role to help players address the matter.Clippers coach Doc Rivers said players discussed boycotting Game 4 of their first-round playoff series at Golden State on Sunday during a 45-minute team meeting but quickly decided against it.“I think the biggest statement we can make as men, not as black men, as men, is to stick together and show how strong we are as a group,” Rivers said. “Not splinter. Not walk. It’s easy to protest. The protest will be in our play.”Paul and Clippers All-Star forward Blake Griffin declined further comment on the issue after the team’s practice at the University of San Francisco. Other players were not made available as Rivers said he would speak for the team.“A lot of guys voiced their opinions. None of them were happy about it,” Rivers said. “This was a situation where we’re trying to go after something very important for us, something that we’ve all dreamed about all our childhoods. Donald or anyone else had nothing to do with that dream, and we’re not going to let anything get in the way of those dreams.”Sterling is a courtside fixture at Clippers home games. But he rarely visits the team’s locker room at Staples Center, although he made an appearance in December 2012 after the Clippers won their 11th straight game, when he led an awkward locker room cheer. NBA Commmissioner Adam Silver spoke Saturday night in Memphis, Tenn., before the Grizzlies’ game against Oklahoma City, repeating that the league finds the audio tape “disturbing and offensive” and that Sterling agreed to not attend the Clippers’ game Sunday at Golden State.“All members of the NBA family should be afforded due process and a fair opportunity to present their side of any controversy, which is why I’m not yet prepared to discuss any potential sanctions against Donald Sterling,” Silver said. “We will, however, move extraordinarily quickly in our investigation.” Silver said the NBA needs to confirm authenticity of the audio tape and interview both Sterling and the woman in the recording. The Clippers will be back in Los Angeles for Game 5 on Tuesday night.“We do hope to have this wrapped up in the next few days,” Silver said.The Internet exploded with reactions and calls for Sterling to be removed, ranging from activist Al Sharpton to rapper Snoop Dogg, who appeared in a profanity-laced video lambasting Sterling and calling him a racist.Jacky Johnson, a spokeswoman for the Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network, said the organization planned a protest outside Game 5 of the Clippers-Warriors series Tuesday night in Los Angeles.Miami Heat star LeBron James asked new NBA Commissioner Adam Silver to take aggressive measures, saying “there is no room for Donald Sterling in our league.”“Obviously, if the reports are true it’s unacceptable in our league,” James said. “It doesn’t matter, white, black or Hispanic all across the races it’s unacceptable. As the commissioner of our league they have to make a stand. They have to be very aggressive with it. I don’t know what it will be, but we can’t have that in our league.”In Dallas, Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said “I have plenty of opinions, just not going to share them. He fended off several inquiries before saying: “Obviously, if any business or entrepreneur says or does things that aren’t congruent with what the organization is trying to convey, that’s a problem. But it’s not my problem.”Warriors coach Mark Jackson, who played for the Clippers from 1992-94, said of Sterling’s comments: “My feeling would be the same, no matter if I was coaching, playing or a fan. There’s no place for it.”Staff Writer Ryan Hagen and the Associated Press contributed to this report.last_img read more

jvneqbzx

England’s Towndrow beats illness to return to international golf

first_img England’s Sean Towndrow will return to international golf next month – a year after he was diagnosed with a blood cancer. It put his flourishing amateur career on pause as he set off on a 12-month rollercoaster of treatment and recovery from a rare form of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma. But now, exactly a year after he had to put his life on hold, all his test results are looking good and the 25-year-old has been given the go-ahead to return to normal.  First stop is South Africa, where Towndrow, from Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club in Lancashire, will join three other internationals to represent England in four tournaments. He’ll be playing alongside English champion Dan Brown from Masham in Yorkshire, Josh Hilleard from Farrington Park, Somerset, and James Walker from The Oaks, Yorkshire. The trip brings Towndrow full circle, for he was due to set off to South Africa to play for England in 2016 when he became ill. Instead, he found himself in hospital, receiving chemo and radio therapy.  Throughout the year, returning to top level golf was one of his aims and he’s kept in close contact with fellow members of the England men’s squad, their manager, Kevin Tucker and England Golf staff. “Golf has been something for me to work towards and Kevin promised me that if I got back I would have a trip. That’s been the biggest thing, when you miss a year of your life you want it back. Kevin and everyone at England Golf have been fantastic.” His golf friends have been part of a wider support network. “Everyone has been incredible. My golf club has been brilliant, all my friends have been around me all the time, cheering me up and taking me out. My parents were there at every single appointment I went to through the year. It’s all been phenomenal and without it you’d struggle. “I’m so thankful for all the support, for all the text messages, emails, Twitter and Facebook – it all helps so much. When you are going through it you can read nice messages and know people are thinking of you. There are so many people to thank.” Towndrow’s illness revealed itself firstly with tiredness and then with a spell of uncontrollable shivering and chest pain. Tests revealed a tumour in his chest which rapidly grew to 10x14cm and which was pushing on his heart, his right lung and eventually his oesophagus. “It took a few weeks to be diagnosed and you’re always hopeful, but in the end I just accepted it for what it was. The doctors and nurses were great and there were factors that were favourable to me: there wasn’t much evidence it had spread elsewhere; it was something which responds really well to treatment; I was young and fit. Everything was in my favour, that’s how I saw it. “I don’t want to speak for everyone in that position but you find strength to cope that you didn’t realise you had. There’s always something round the corner, something to focus on and I just thought I had to knuckle down, do the best I could and hopefully come out the other side.” And what of his golf? England Golf has arranged for Towndrow to work with a rehabilitation expert to build up his fitness and he managed to play at his club in the latter part of last season. “Amazingly I played four competitions and managed to improve my handicap!” he laughed. “I can’t wait to get to South Africa. The last 12 months has been an abnormal year and I can’t wait to get away for a few weeks, playing in the sunshine with my mates, and getting back to normal.” The four internationals will play: – The South African stroke play championship at Kingswood Golf Estate, George; 7-10 February 2017 – The Cape Province Open at George Golf Club and Oubaai Golf Club, George; 14-16 February 2017 – The South African Amateur at Humewood Golf Club, Port Elizabeth; 19-24 February 2017 – The African Amateur stroke play championship at Leopard Creek Golf Estate, near Malelane, from 28 February to 3 March 2017 Image © Leaderboard Photography 23 Jan 2017 England’s Towndrow beats illness to return to international golf last_img read more